W.L

c

Fitness Tip: How Does Fitness And Nutrition Go Together?

Today I'm going to talk about something that may tick a lot of people off. It may go against what you believe, what you do, what you've read or studied. If that's the case, so be it. I say this because you can go to all kinds of sites, talk to all kinds of folks, and you'll have a whole bunch of different variations on this topic. To that I say GREAT! So, all that being said, let me get right into it.

Right away, when someone decides to start any kind of fitness program, they focus on the workout itself. What to lift, how far to run, how to gain muscle, etc. But the one thing they are leaving out is nutrition. Oh, believe me, anyone in the fitness industry (that's worth anything) will tell you the most important stuff about a workout program is NUTRITION, NUTRITION, NUTRITION! That's across the board folks, that ALWAYS should be part of your fitness plan. No one will argue that fact with you.

BUT, the difference then comes up about WHAT kind of nutrition. Should I eat meat or not? Should I switch my soda to diet soda? Should I eat 10 times a day? Should I not eat after 6:18pm? Should I wake up in the middle of the night and have a ultra supersonic vitamin milkshake? What should I do? This is the confusing part.

I'm here to tell you my take on this whole nutrition thing. As everyone knows, I like to keep things simple. I stay with simple stuff. Getting complicated is for the more advanced people, but not me.
(Oh, I can hang with the best of them, but I choose not to) Of course, I enjoy talking about fitness/nutrition, and I always can (and will), but for the people that don't know what to do to start off with, getting to involved and in depth may just shy them away from being healthy, which is something NOBODY in this industry wants, right?

So, all that being said, let's talk a bit about nutrition. Let's even break it down a bit more and say "what you put into your body". Now for those of you that have the same mindset as me (heaven help you lol!), and view things a bit skewd, "what you DON'T put into your body" is just as important.
You can even say to replace some of the bad stuff with good stuff, get it?

Again, keeping everything simple, let's take soda pop for instance. I don't care what kind you drink, I don't care if it's diet or not diet, I don't care if it has sugar or not, generally speaking soda pop is BAD for you... PERIOD! (Oh, if a soda executive is reading this, sorry dude, but someone's gotta say it!)
But Andrew, I love my soda pop, I need my soda pop! Well, too bad. Oh, and just so you know, I love me my Mountain Dew, which is probably one of the worst ones out there. In my younger days, I was a "Dew-a-holic", and I proudly admit it! But in terms of being healthy, it's garbage!

Now, instead of drinking your beloved soda pop (diet or not) drink some water. Heck, drink it from the tap, that's fine with me, but drink water! I don't care if you don't like the taste of water (that one always cracks me up!), drink it anyway. Again, YOU are the one looking to get healthy, so do things that will make you healthy, duh!

Here's another tip, instead of having that bag of chips, those chocolate chip cookies or that candy bar, eat an apple, or banana, or peach or some kind of fruit. Oh, it may not be as fun or as sexy, but is looking in the mirror at yourself right now sexy? Hmmm?

You want to know something real cool to do? Again, this is for people who WANT to be healthier, so if this is you, take note. Something cool is to get some sort of blender/juicer/mixer/pureer and start making some sort of blended veggie foo-foo drink once a day. There are all kinds of recipes throughout the world wide web, so have fun looking for them. (the picture above is actually the drink I made this morning. It was fun to do and it tasted awesome!)

Heck, you're making trips to the grocery store anyway, pick up some fruits or veggies as well. (again, instead of that soda pop and bag of chips!)

I'm not saying this mixing thing is what you SHOULD do, I'm just saying it's fun and you'll be surprised at what you may find and how you start feeling.

I'm telling you, this isn't a hard concept to figure out. Remember, I'm just keeping things simple here. All I'm doing is telling you things that you already know. All I'm doing is saying stuff that deep down you know, but maybe are afraid to admit.

Notice I didn't say anything about supplements, I didn't say anything about how often you should eat, I didn't say anything about a specific vitamin to take. I didn't say anything like that because you need to start somewhere. Once you start changing your habits and begin to feel better, you will find the more, let's call it "hard core" stuff to consume like vitamins, supplements, etc.

But for right now, if you're not doing stuff, just start by keep things simple. Learn to consume the right stuff AND NOT consume the bad stuff. Get it? Don't worry about this type of fat is good, that type is bad; this carbo food thingy is better than that carbo food thingy. Use some common sense with your nutrition and you'll be amazed as to your results. Once you start to see and feel the results, then dive deeper into the whole nutrition thing. But keep it simple and have
How would you like to get a personal training session in your home? Learn what the Fitness Professionals know! You have a chance to get the best fitness advice from the best fitness pro's on the planet! Get all the information at http://www.TopFitnessStrategies.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Andrew_Poletto

No comments:

Post a Comment

c