W.L

c

Why Its Important to Eat to Lose Weight

As an experiment I asked the following question: "Your mid-morning go-to energy boost snack is."
I honestly didn't think much of the post. I thought it would be a fun way to see what types of snacks people munch on during their work day. But in asking the question I found a very disturbing trend. Out of all the answers, 2 responses dominated the list
  • Nothing
  • Coffee
I hate to break it to you, but neither of those answers are going to yield the results you are hoping for! Coffee and starving yourself will not boost your energy, nor will it help you lose weight.

As a former fat guy I do understand this thought process though. I had a very messed up relationship with food. So I thought, if I don't eat it then I will lose weight... right? Wrong.

Your body is in the business of survival! So when you starve it, it hangs on to those fat stores for survival! The best thing you can do for your body is to feed it regularly. Ideally every 2 ½ to 3 hours. If I reach the 4 hour mark between meals everyone around me knows it. It's kind of like when Bruce Banner would say "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry"... right before his eyes would turn turquoise. Maybe I don't turn into the Incredible Hulk, but my mood drastically shifts and it is hard for me to concentrate on anything for very long. Those are signs from your body that it is low on fuel.

One of the biggest mental hurdles for me to overcome during my 100 pound weight loss journey was that I needed to eat to lose weight! Actually, I needed to eat more to lose weight!
Wait! What?

I'm already fat from eating too much, and now I am supposed to eat more
I thought the point was to eat less to weigh less.

Have you ever felt that way? Maybe that is a reason you consistently skip breakfast. It's usually the easiest meal to skip. You think, 'I'm short on time in the morning' and 'I'm not hungry in the morning' - so this seems like a good spot to sub in a coffee and cut calories for my day. It's an understandable mistake. I use to do the same thing, then get frustrated because I wasn't seeing results. It would also happen when I used to wait tables. I would work long hours without eating, then eat one meal after work - yet I continued to gain weight!
Once I embraced the concept that I had to eat to lose weight I started seeing results quickly.

My breakfast now is always my meal replacement shake, which takes me exactly 5 minutes to make. Plus it's easy to drink on the go. Other alternatives are cooking your breakfast before bed (like Oatmeal and Egg Whites) and re-heating in the morning.

Even though this method has been extremely successful for me the past 10 years, I am now having to trust this concept on a whole new level. I have just finished the first month of a new bodybuilding program, designed to help you build muscle. Muscle gain = Weight Gain. And in order for that to happen I am having to eat more than I am accustomed to eating. Even though I haven't been 'Fat Jimmy' for over 10 years, a lot of those same fears of gaining weight back still exist.

However, just like I did when I first got started, I had to choose to trust those who had done it before me and follow the system. This program was designed over a 2 year span by champion bodybuilder, Sagi Kalev. It's working.

So regardless if you are trying to lose weight, or build muscle, at the end of the day you must eat to lose weight. If you are unsure what to eat every 3 hours, I invite you to get my Free Food Guide. Print it, carry it with you, and enjoy your results!

Jimmy Hays Nelson Beachbody Coach is a self-proclaimed 'former fat guy'.Through his transformation journey he lost 100 pounds, started his own business, was featured in the Shaun T workout series INSANITY, and has been seen multiple times on QVC with his buddy Tony Horton promoting P90X.
He founded NELSONGY FITNESS with his wife Kelly to reach out to give hope and support to those that are dissatisfied with their current situation. Whether you are lacking physically, emotionally, financially, or nutritionally we are here to help you see REAL RESULTS!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jimmy_Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment

c